At Caribou Highlands Lodge, we know you love your pets and it just wouldn’t be vacation without them. So we offer a limited number of pet-friendly rooms, a place both you and your pet can be comfortable.
And while on vacation, may we recommend the following fun for you and your pet:
- Hiking, especially up to the Poplar River and during Fall Colors.
- Swim at an inland lake or in the Grand Marais Harbor.
- Visit the Gunflint Dog Park in Grand Marais.
- Explore the nearby State Parks (pets must be leashed).
- Go ski-joring, a form of cross country skiing where you harness yourself to your dog and they provide most of the energy as you glide along.
Check with Go Dog North Shore for more fun things to do together.
We have Limited Pet-Friendly Rooms throughout the resort.
Pet Fee A $35 per night plus tax per room fee is charged.
Please call as reservations are required – request a pet-friendly room time so we may check the availability of Pet Units.
Pets will be attended at all times and under the owner’s control. Pets must be on a leash or appropriately contained in a crate or cage etc at all times when outside the room. Well behaved pets are welcome throughout the resort with the exception of food service areas, the swimming pools, hot tub, and sauna complex.
Pet owners will clean up after their pets. A pet potty station dispensing waste bags is located near the parking lot between the Lodge and C building.
Pet activity and noise will not interfere with our other guests or employees. Any discounts given due to disturbance associated with pets will be added to the pet owners room bill. If there are any pet damages after check-out, owners will be monetarily responsible for replacement materials and labor.
All American Memorial Day Weekend
Waterfalls You Must-See Near Caribou Highlands Lodge
Dog Friendly Lutsen Adventures: Sidewalk, Dog Walks, and Trails
”Great Place to Stay”
- Paul S, on Trip Advisor -
”Great Family Time!”
- miama-mn, on Trip Advisor -
”Great Family Trip”
- dmacgillis, on Trip Advisor -
- Sadi14, on Trip Advisor -
”Family Friendly Resort”
- sdinwatsd, on Trip Advisor -
”Already thinking about booking for next year!!”
- MinnDude, on Trip Advisor -
- PhilK03, on Trip Advisor -