April 30, 2014
Your magical day will be magnificent, when you say your vows in the presence of family and friends in the midst of the Lutsen Mountains with the distant vista of Lake Superior’s brilliant blue bay. Minnesota’s North Shore is known as a vacationer’s haven and it draws guests from throughout the United States and Canada. Our Lutsen resort stretches out among the birch and pine below the maple ridge of the Sawtooth Mountains. And, these natural surroundings are beautiful in all seasons.
Our outdoor weddings include options for under the wedding arch or on the lawn in the courtyard. Both venues have Moose Mountain as your photographic backdrop. Both vantage points are especially spectacular in the summer and fall, though we’ve hosted many winter weddings here as well. If there is one area of service where we excel, it is our flexibility to make your day as perfect as it can be. When you choose a North Shore destination wedding, even if the weather is unpredictable, the outcome doesn’t need to be. Our professional staff is here to ensure a picture perfect day.
Indoors we offer a newly renovated and decorated room with a wall of windows that face the courtyard with Moose Mountain just beyond. This can be arranged for your ceremony and/or for your reception with space for up to 100 guests, depending on your criteria for room setting. A second space is available in the main lodge for a group up to 50 guests.
- Our lodge was completely renovated in 2008 with updated rooms, lobby and restaurant.
- Our condominiums sleep from two to six guests with various floor plans and in-room amenities.
- All condos are mountain view with decks and a wood burning fireplace.
- Our Timber, Superior, and Executive Townhomes have from two to four private bedrooms and sleep from six to ten guests.
- And our spacious Poplar Ridge Homes offer many amenities and floor plan options.
Destination weddings require on-site coordination and attention to every detail. Our wedding sales manager will be happy to discuss your wedding ideas, and then help you find local area wedding suppliers for your ceremony and reception. Here’s a checklist to discuss when you call:
- Wedding Cake
- Wedding Program
- Wedding Photographer
- Wedding Video
- Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Flowers / Centerpieces
- Wedding Music
- Wedding Packages
Bridal Shower, Groom’s Dinner, and Gift Opening Parties
Some of our wedding parties choose to gather before the day for a family bridal shower or groom’s dinner. Our resort offers many arrangements for space and catering options for dinners and events leading up to and following your wedding day. Our private dining room in Moguls Grille and Tap Room is perfect for a group of up to 14 people, our lodge meeting room or new Mountain View meeting room can be set for your group or, you can choose a townhome or Poplar Ridge Home for a very comfortable private lodge-style home setting.
”Great Place to Stay”
- Paul S, on Trip Advisor -
”Great Family Time!”
- miama-mn, on Trip Advisor -
”Great Family Trip”
- dmacgillis, on Trip Advisor -
- Sadi14, on Trip Advisor -
”Family Friendly Resort”
- sdinwatsd, on Trip Advisor -
”Already thinking about booking for next year!!”
- MinnDude, on Trip Advisor -
- PhilK03, on Trip Advisor -