April 30, 2014
North Shore Dog Sledding
Now here’s something not everyone can do on their Minnesota winter vacation – go for a dog sled ride! Back in the day, this was the only way to get around the North Shore. Now it’s a tradition kept alive by a handful of kennels and highlighted by the annual John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon, named for the legendary mail carrier who ran supplies and mail at the turn of the 20th century. http://www.beargrease.com/
Winter Vacation Experience of a Lifetime
Snug into a dog sled and enjoy the ride of a lifetime as a team of hand-chosen sled dogs carries you through a winter wonderland. Or drive your own sled under the guidance of one of the top mushers (dog sled drivers) in the nation.
Dog Sledding Tips
- Wear layers of clothes, especially warm boots, mittens and a hat
- Don’t forget sunglasses and a neck gaiter or scarf
- Bring a snack and a water bottle
- Ask questions
- Listen to the dogs / observe the way they work as a team
- Bring your camera
- Yes, it’s very safe!
Dog Sledding Trips
Ask our front desk staff about scheduling your trip.
Watch or Mush: Experience the Beargrease from Caribou Highlands
Family Fun Weekend!
Lutsen in January: Music on the Mountain
”Great Place to Stay”
- Paul S, on Trip Advisor -
”Great Family Time!”
- miama-mn, on Trip Advisor -
”Great Family Trip”
- dmacgillis, on Trip Advisor -
- Sadi14, on Trip Advisor -
”Family Friendly Resort”
- sdinwatsd, on Trip Advisor -
”Already thinking about booking for next year!!”
- MinnDude, on Trip Advisor -
- PhilK03, on Trip Advisor -